Today Emmaline had a class party for Halloween. They got to wear their pajamas to school and for the party they got to eat Pumpkin Pancakes! This worried me a great deal actually since pancakes involve eggs and milk, so I volunteered to help out at the party. It was a good thing I did since they were planning on letting the kids actually help make the pancakes and not just eat! They made sure to have Emmaline be in my group to cook and I was able to keep an eye on things and allow her to participate as much as possible while minimizing the chance of contact. She did things like mixing the dry ingredients while the other kids mixed wet ingredients. Last time Emmaline was touched with just a trace of egg residue she looked like this - so I didn't take this party lightly.
Her teacher and all the other parents helping were really great and made every effort to keep things clean and to have the kids to good handwashing and such. I really, really appreciated the effort they all made. Emmaline had a fantastic time at her party and she was thrilled to have me there. Give it another couple of years and she'll be embarrassed to have me, but I'll enjoy it for now!
Rating: 4 Pumpkin Pies
No comments:
Post a Comment