Monday, July 12, 2010

Allergy Testing

Emmaline had her yearly skin testing for her allergies.  I remembered to take the camera along this time so I could show what it looks like!
She tested positive to:  Cashew, Pistachio, Egg, Milk, and Salmon
Negative results for: halibut, shrimp, peanut, walnut, almond, pecan, hazelnut

So the next step is to do some bloodwork and then start up another round of challenges.  I have high hopes this year of eliminating some of these allergen!  I definitely want to do an oral challange on peanuts and fish, and then do milk again as well.

Here is how they do the testing.  They use a marker and put a dot on her back where they will put each allergen,  There is also a Histamine and Control dot.  The Histamine WILL react and the control shouldn't.  Emmaline has been scratching her back lately so they put a big circle around that spot so it wouldn't get confused with the results.  All the testing is, is a little scratch and a drop of liquid that holds whatever the allergen is.  Emmaline says it doesn't hurt but that it itches.



This is her back after 15 minutes. 


Rating:  3 Lollipops

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh that just looks so pitiful :(