Friday, September 24, 2010

Hey Willy, See the Pyramids?

Yesterday I was picking up a book I had on reserve at the library (Hunger Games - Finally!!).  It was on the way to pick Emmaline up from school so I let Lil and Idgie go to the children's section quickly and each grab a book to look at in the car.  Neither girl is very picky and they just grab whatever book strikes their fancy.  Liliana selected this:


This book was so odd.  I spent the whole time reading it with her thinking just how weird it was.  The problem was when it was done - I couldn't stop thinking about it!  It was just so strangely GOOD too - even though the book made no sense at all!  Obviously it stuck with me enough to write a blog post about it.  I just had to share this great part.  I can't even explain why I like it - but I did!

"What is nothing?" I ask.
"Nothing is when you are given
a very small portion of ice cream
by an adult,
and you look at the plate
and at the adult
and you ask for more
and the adult says
you have a huge portion
and you say
'That's it?  That's nothing.'
"And that is nothing," says Lulu.