Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pearl Street Mall

The Pearl Street Mall is a tourist trap in Boulder. When we have house guests we usually take them there to soak in the local atmosphere. There are always street performers, and lots of interesting shops and people to look at!

Well today was no different - my sister and her husband are here visiting for the week so we took them down there! We saw people playing the guitar, the harp, and even the didgeridoo. All that is normal - but today there were a few things out of ordinary!

1) There was a man in long dread locks wearing the colors of the Jamaican flag and doing yoga. It was quite a sight and he was surprisingly flexible!

2) Emmaline saw a panhandler (not uncommon there) and says to her as we were walking by: "What are you doing?"
"I'm holding a sign"
"Why?"
"For money"
"Why?"
The lady answered but we were just out of earshot at that point. I wonder what Emmaline would have said to whatever the response was?

3) We saw a couple walking with a camera crew following them. They kept walking and rewalking the same area to get different shots. The whole scene looked familiar and AJ and I knew instantly what it had to be about! Then some sort of production type person appeared so I went up to her and asked her if they were filming House Hunters! She was surprised and said that yes they were and wanted to know how I knew what show it was! I told her I could tell by the way they were filming the couple - it just looked like the show! She told me how the show would air with the new season in January and that the idea for that episode was that it is a young couple who want to live in Boulder but can't afford it, so they are going to be looking in other towns around Boulder instead. She said the couple still wanted the "feel" of Boulder so they were filming the couple walking through the Pearl Street Mall in order to get shots of the "vibe" of Boulder! It was pretty neat. I don't know how often they get people coming up to them but she was a really nice lady and seemed more than pleased to talk to a fan of the show!

So all in all - a good trip to Pearl Street!

Rating: 3 Lollipops

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I LOVE House Hunters! :)