Today was Liliana's first day of Sunbeams. In our church, once you turn three, then the following January, you move up from the Nursery and start going to Primary. The name of the 3-year-old class is Sunbeams. Liliana is in a weird spot because her birthday is in January. So while she turned three LAST January, she had to wait until the this January to enter Sunbeams. The funny part of course is that she turns four tomorrow. It is actually a real blessing with where her birthday is. She really benefited from having that extra year in the nursery. I watched her and the other 3-year-olds today and she was light years ahead of them in her ability to sit still and participate and focus. The kids in her class are anywhere from 4-11 months younger than her and it is amazing the difference even a few months can make in behavior. If her birthday was even 4 days earlier (thus falling in December) she would have entered Sunbeams last year. I can't even imagine how hard of a time she would have had!
Today she went and sat with her class, excited and thrilled to be there! She was so good the whole time - I would love to see that behavior at home!!!
Rating: 4 Lollipops
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
And I have the exact opposite situation. Brennen just turned three on Monday (the 27th of December) and went in to Sunbeams today. He, of course, is completely unable to sit still for 5 minutes straight. Oh well, he'll just have to adjust and learn, I guess.
we are similar, although, not as early. We have a February birthday and I'm happy to have almost a whole 'extra' year in nursery, too!
Post a Comment