Saturday, January 22, 2011

Most Improved

Last Thursday we were invited to an awards assembly.  Emmaline received an award for "Most Improved" in her class for the Second Quarter.  I'm not sure what that means exactly - but  we're proud of her anyway!

Emmaline also has had the "Reading Bug" finally click in her.  I've been waiting and waiting for this to happen.  She discovered the other night that she can read a Magic Treehouse book all by herself, "In my head!"  She actually got home from school and begged to go up to her room and lay on her bed and read her book.  Um - Okay!!!  And then last night AJ found her fast asleep in her bed, laying on her open book with her lamp still on.    I can't even tell you how excited I am for this world to open up to her!  She is going to love it!



Rating:  5 Lollipops

1 comment:

Heavenly said...

I remember when it clicked for Gabrielle--it was so exciting. Now we can't get her OUT of her bedroom. ;)


Congrats Emmaline. :D