Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Out My Window

This post is really more for Emmaline and the kids than for the typical blog reader. Many times Emmaline has asked me what I see out of my window at my hotel. Usually it's pretty drab to look across the street. I'm usually looking at the boring facade of another building, or the rear emergency stairs or another building. This week, however, I actually have a really nice view, some 15 stories up. These shots are taken right out of my window, looking to the southeast a bit.

This is what I see in the morning:


And this is what I see in the evening:


Each night our family talks on a web cam, we do this to give everyone some semblance of normalcy while I'm away. Tonight, I showed them what I see out of my hotel window. The Empire State Building! Emmaline loved it and said "that looks like 2 stories!" Bethany and I corrected her that the highest spot someone can go is 102 stories, to which she seemed a little incredulous. Lil, in order to resolve the uncertainty, decided to attempt to manually count the windows. She got to 3 before giving up.

No comments: