Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy 7th Birthday Emmaline!

Emmaline celebrated her 7th birthday today!  We of course went mini-golfing on Saturday, and then on Monday we let her open her presents a day early because her birthday fell on a school day and we didn't want to have to make her wait to open gifts until she got home! 

A few weeks ago, I had some really great coupons to JCPenney and Kohls that were about to expire, so we decided that one of her birthday gifts would be clothes shopping with mom!  She is in need of some things for winter.  It was fun to see her tastes (still into anything pretty and sparkly!) and also teach her and guide about good shopping habits.  I actually took all the clothes away and didn't let her have them until she opened them on her birthday.

I have always really disliked the skinny jean style, but it turns out that Emmaline rocks the look!  In fact being the stick that she is, the skinny jeans are actually a bit big on her still!  The jeans she picked have some rhinestone decoration on the back pocket, and she kept dancing in front of the dressing room mirror looking at her butt.  How young they learn!

Here she is modeling them - complete with a little bit of "pre-tween" attitude


I also included a couple of shirts that she didn't know about.  The surprise Hello Kitty shirt was definitely a hit!


Unfortunately her birthday fell on a school day, but AJ surprised her by showing up at her school for lunch with Taco Bell in hand.  She was so excited to see him and thrilled to do lunch together in the cafeteria!



After school was birthday dinner.  Instead of cake this year she picked Banana Splits.  We were so naughty that we had those first, and then ate dinner afterwards!



After we tucked the other kids in bed, we told Emmaline we had one more surprise for her.  AJ would play Scrabble Jr. with her, while I cleaned her room.  I think that may have been the most appreciated gift of all.  She was so thrilled to hear that I was going to clean up her mess instead of her.  She gave me a huge hug and kiss.

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Rating:  1 Banana Split

1 comment:

the andersons said...

Happy Birthday Emmaline! You totally rock the skinny jeans!