Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Having Enough Hands

I think one of the hardest things about having lots of kids is not always having enough hands to go around.  Idgie is sick today, and very very needy.  However, she is also a typical three year old still and refuses to be helped in any way.  It's a difficult line to walk between trying to do what is best to help her feel better, and also to keep her happy.
Right as I was making dinner, Idgie decided that she needed to be cuddled RIGHT THEN.  I was more than happy to do so, but I also had three other kids that were starving and needed to eat.  I was more than happy to cuddle with her, but I needed just 10 more minutes to finish up dinner.  Idgie literally sat at my feet and screamed, begging and wailing for me to cuddle with her.  Finally, Emmaline took my place and Idgie was content:



Sometimes I guess having enough hands to go around means relying on your seven year old!

Rating:  5 Lollipops

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Get well soon, Idgie...and Emmaline...good job to help so sweetly!