Friday, December 4, 2009

And the results are in!

Congratulations to the 57% of you that guessed boy! It looks like we have big changes coming to our household. Emmaline jumped up and down when we told her and said, "A brother! I've never had one of those before!"

Overall the ultrasound went well. There was one minor concern. The kidneys are slightly enlarged. Apparently it usually resolves itself but in a small percent of cases it could require surgery after the birth. The OB said it certainly wasn't anything to stress over. Apparently this is a much more common problem in boys than it girls - which helps to confirm to me that the turtle we saw on the ultrasound really is a turtle. I will get a few more ultrasounds through the pregnancy just to keep an eye on things.


Maybe I should rethink the overwhelmingly pink theme of the blog ...


Here's our little guy:





Rating: Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails


20 comments:

Marla said...

YEA!! I love little boys!!! :) Oh, and I had a friend who's baby had a kidney deal, and they were fine when delivered.

MayaandChloesmom said...

Bethany I am so happy for you. We too are having a boy this time. The girls are thrilled. CONGRATS!

~~~~~ The House of Big Cheese~~~~ said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Southern Peach said...

YAY! I am so happy for you all!!!
(~2aprilbabes)

Momma_Chick said...

That is wonderful! Congratulations to the LemonadeStand Family!!! PS You have a thread over here with your name all over it! Again, congrats!!!

http://bbcmamas.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=4844&page=2

2girls17 said...

He has your nose! Mazel tov!

Dena said...

Lincoln? Is it Lincoln? Please tell me it's Lincoln :)

Heather said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Yeah, probably need to re-think the whole pink themed blog, LOL! So thrilled for you guys, and especially AJ :)

Kerilee Law said...

How exciting! Congratulations.

Macy & Mackenzies Mom said...

Yay!! I am having a boy after 2 girls! Big changes for us too!

The Hunt Family said...

Congrats!

~Gretchen~ said...

hooray for blue!

Suzy said...

Yay for a healthy baby and congrats on the boy!

Rachel said...

Woohoo, I guessed boy! Congrats.

Bethany said...

Thanks everyone!



Momma_Chick - I'm not a member over there but tell everyone thanks for remembering me!

Amanda said...

Congrats!!! It will be a blast. GO TEAM BLUE!!

Kristin said...

Congratulations!

I'm pg with my 4th (unknown) and have 3 girls.

I've been convinced that there is no way I could have a boy. Now, I'm not so sure!

Jamie said...

Congrats!!!!

Daniel & Jan said...

Awww, Congrats Bethany! So happy for you & AJ and your other girlies!!

The Coach's Wife said...

Congrats Bethany!! <3 Boys are great!! I miss seeing your thread - happy new year!