So last night, AJ had his work Christmas Party. We've never been able to make it in the past so we made every effort to be able to attend this year. We even hired teenage babysitters - something we have never done before! The party was held at a hotel and had an open bar and catered dinner. The whole bar thing isn't our scene since neither of us have any experience with drinking. Luckily, I asked around weeks ago to friends and found out that they usually have juice and soda at the bar as well, so that worked out okay. Drinking is such a foreign concept to us that we didn't even know that much so I was glad I had asked around! Dinner was "fancy" in that it tried too hard to be fancy - but the truth is it was so "fancy" it wasn't good and everything was actually really hard to eat politely without making a mess! Maybe we're just not high-class enough to enjoy that kind of thing - I don't know! We're not even picky eaters!
Anyway, we concluded at the end that while the party was free, the amount that we had to spend to get babysitters in order to be able to go out, would have been much better spent in a multitude of other ways (like takeout from Red Lobster and cuddling on the couch watching a movie).
Oh and what does all this have to do with motherhood? Well it was a fancy party so we had to dress up. That means that I had to actually do my hair which involved pulling it out of the messy ponytail that I wear every single day, and actually styling it! Idgie apparently has never really seen me with my hair down because it genuinely scared her! She would look at me really weird and nervouslike, and then go to AJ. She wouldn't touch me at all! Apparently I don't get out of my motherhood uniform nearly often enough!
Rating: 1 Fireball (for a lame evening)
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Been there done that! lol. I started wearing make up again a few weeks ago and my youngest didn't recognize me!
Hilarious! Love this blog, Bethany... and congrats on the boy!! at least it's an excuse to do some shopping :) hope you are feeling good!
That's hilarious! I keep changing my haircut, thinking this will be the one that motivates me to not put it up in a ponytail, but it never works. It's just so easy! And hiring babysitters sucks! They charge so much more these days than I was paid when I was a teenager.
Post a Comment