
Today I had quite a long appointment. I had a laundry list of complaints for my doctor and she had a quite a list to go over with me as well! I've been experiencing a few bouts of dizziness, shortness of breath, and contractions. All separate from each other, but each one has happened a few times. We went over those issues, and while we had a long conversation about it, what it came down to is - it is all pretty normal - but make sure I rest and take care of myself. To which I kept my sarcastic thoughts to myself about having 3 kids!
On her end, she went over some bloodwork, glucose results, and my ultrasound.
Blood Work - She had my TSH levels rechecked, which were borderline at the beginning of my pregnancy. They came out just fine this time. She also had my Vitamin D levels rechecked. At the start of my pregnancy, it was a 23 and she considered that low and wanted it rechecked. On Saturday when they did the lab work, it was an 8.5. So that has dropped quite a bit. She wants me to take a Vitamin D supplement. Also my iron levels are technically fine - but at the low end. So she suggested I eat more steak. Now THAT'S a bummer ...
Glucose Test - I passed! Wahoo!!!
Ultrasound - They confirmed a three vessel cord. The baby's kidney's are still slightly enlarged (7mm each). There is really nothing the can do but keep an eye on it in the womb, so they know if it will be a problem out of the womb. So, I will have another ultrasound around 35 weeks to check that out.
Protein - I also spilled a bit of protein this time. My blood pressure was great though (steady with what it always is too) so she wasn't too concerned about that either.
The rest of the visit was a quick measure of my belly (spot on at 28 cm) and a listen to the baby's heartbeat which was also good - but I can't remember the number!
Rating: 1 Rib-eye!
4 comments:
I've been taking a vitamin D supplement for the past several weeks and I can't tell you how much difference it has made for me. I feel better about life in general. A more positive outlook. Amazing what vitamins can do.
You LOOK fabulous. I hope all the little concerns that are cropping up turn out to truly be minor.
Here's the home stretch of your pregnancy! I've got less than 4 weeks to go!
I agree--you look fabulous. Glad you passed the test... tell everyone hi!
OK, I'm totally a blog-stalker, but I truly love yours! (I followed the link once, probably from one of my cousin's blogs, anyway)
All those little complaints you've had lately are the things my doula and midwife friends look for. They would all tell you the same thing: more protein, like 80-100gms a day, and then also no more sugar! Just veggies and lean protein. So there's my completely unsolicited advice for the day. Best of luck to you!
Oh, and because of your blog I was able to talk my Hubby into an "old fashioned name". Genevieve and I thank you!
Thanks for reading and thanks for the advice Becky! I can tell you my husband doesn't mind my orders for more steak - that's for sure!
I'm glad you were able to get the name choice you wanted! I love old-fashioned names too (obviously!). I think based on my past naming history, that people will be surprised with what we name this baby so stay tuned! :-P
Post a Comment