Monday, August 16, 2010

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park was having a free day on Saturday so we decided to head up there for the afternoon.  We checked a map and decided on a good location for a picnic and a little nature walk.  We went to a place called Sprague Lake.  The mountains you see there help to form part of the Continental Divide.




 I'm pretty sure the entire state of Colorado was at the Park with us but it was still fun.  On the drive in, AJ and I spotted a bear.  During our picnic we were joined by ducks and some sort of beautiful blue birds.  I wish I knew what they were!  In the picnic area next to us there was a group that was Christening their baby.  We took an easy nature walk around the lake and there was a couple getting married there.  They even had a harpist so we got to enjoy the beautiful music all the way around as we walked.  We spotted squirrels, chipmunks, fish, and a beaver on the walk.  Here are a few photos of that excursion:


Look!  We were there!  If you look really closely on the left hand side kind of across the lake - you can spot some of the wedding party.



Checking out the fish:


Lincoln spent the whole time snoozing. 



Liliana


Emmaline


Idgie - we struggled getting a picture of her but she did have fun climbing on very large boulders.  They all did!


On the drive home, we came across a big herd of Elk.  If you look closely, you can see them sitting down everywhere and this was only some of them.  It was pretty awesome.



So all in all a good trip!  I'm really glad that we made our list of fun things to do this summer, and that we actually scheduled it on our calendars.  We have done a lot of stuff.  I can't believe summer is almost over!

Rating:  Ham Sandwiches, Chips, Fruits, and Oreos

1 comment:

Living My Dream said...

Such a beautiful family!!! They sure grow up too fast don't they?

Kim