Being in New York so often is giving me a chance to see a city that I had only been to once previously. When I was in college, a roommate (Hi JJ!) and I went to the East Coast for a few days to visit various friends, and we spent a day in New York. I didn't have a camera at the time (which makes me sad), but we had a lot of fun on that trip - we even went to the top of the World Trade Center.
Now that I'm here regularly, I'm having fun exploring the city a bit. Last week, there was some cloud cover one afternoon, and I was able to snag the Empire State Building in the low clouds:

Later that same night, walking home from dinner, they had the lights on. It looked amazing!

I'm also doing the whole "cube rat" thing in New York. I'm on the 21st floor of 2 Penn Plaza, but, I have a great view out my window. On even hazy days you can easily see the Statue of Liberty, and the building in the center left, with a crane at the top, is the new 1 World Trade Center.

I wanted to go to Ground Zero and see what was there (or wasn't, as the case may be), as the last time there I was at the top. There's still a large pit where one of the buildings was. However, construction is progressing rapidly on the new building. I've seen them add 3+ floors to the top since I've been here. And they're only a little more than halfway done.
No comments:
Post a Comment