What is it about a scrubbed and dressed up kid that is so dang cute? I had to take pictures of everyone this morning and it is about time I did a little blurb about all of them again!
 |
| IDGIE |
Idgie is really starting to turn a corner from the two's into the three's. She gets more articulate everyday and is quick to giggle but also still quick to cry when she doesn't get her way! She desperately wants to be a part of whatever the older girls are doing but at the same time will comment that she can't do something (or doesn't want to do something!) because she is a "small girl."
 |
| LIL |
Liliana is very affectionate and anxious to please. She still puts her shoes on the wrong feet all the time and when you ask her to switch them she says, "No. That's okay. I don't mind!" Liliana is at in interesting spot in the family. If she is playing with Emmaline, she often lets Emmaline take the lead. If she is playing with Idgie, then she usually takes the lead herself. They play such fun imagination games. Lately they have been using their My Little Pony Castle as a drive-thru and the ponies walk up to each window and order food, then the next window to pay, and the next window to pick up their food!
 |
| EMMALINE |
I look at Emmaline and see how soon she is going to be a tween. She is definitely not a little girl anymore. The other night she was up for a good part of the night crying from growing pains in her legs. Two days later I looked at her and she was visibly taller! She is all arms and legs right now. She is expected to lose a top front tooth any day now and is excited for 2nd grade to start in a few days. She currently loves to read mysteries. I also caught her using the word "discombobulated" the other day. That is one of my favorite words - apparently she has been listening!
 |
| LINCOLN |
For awhile Lincoln was saying "lookadat!" (look at that!) all the time - point to anything and everything. I swear he spent two weeks straight only saying that. That has tapered off and now he is just on the run! His Baby-Dar is on at full force. He knows if there is something he isn't supposed to have and if you leave it unattended he is right there getting into it. He does have a fun trick though. One night at dinner, we caught him folding his arms for the prayer! We've never taught him that, he just watched everyone else and started to do it. Now all you have to say to him is "time for prayer" and he folds his arms! The only way I could get him to sit still for that photo was to put him on a high stool he wouldn't climb off of, and then told him, "time for prayer!" Of course, not long after that photo - I took this one - which is more accurate of the little boy he is with his shirt tails out, pants sagging, and shoes undone. That boy moves FAST.
Rating: 4 Lollipops
2 comments:
cute pics! don't you love it when they bust out with huge words like that!
guess who i ran into this summer? tess! she is in margene's ward. crazy.
She told me that! She left me a note on facebook. I was jealous. Any plans to go to Cheyenne???
Post a Comment