Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just Us

Well this is just going to be a sum up of what is going on with everyone since I have become such an infrequent poster!

AJ:  AJ is still traveling to New York all the time.   Lately he has been staying at a hotel right at Times Square.  He says the lights from outside that shine into his room are incredibly bright.  He recently had a funny experience on the plane.  He fell asleep and apparently snored quite a bit.  He realized what he had done after he woke up, and apologized to the lady sitting next to him.  She just smiled and said that it was okay because she had her earbuds in.   I've heard AJ snore many, many times in the past 11 years.  That lady is LUCKY she had her earbuds!!!

Bethany:  I've been so boring lately!  Just trying to hold life together with AJ gone so much.  I'm teaching four piano students now which I really enjoy.  And spending quality time with my Kindle. 

Emmaline:  She is halfway through 2nd grade now.  She is currently reading Little House in the Big Woods.  We had a conversation about marriage recently, and she told me she would most likely marry a certain boy from her class because he is funny and he liked the Colorado Avalance shirt she wore to school once.  Her best friend is a sweet girl named Carson and they love playing together.  She is getting straight A's and her most recent report card said she is a natural leader and that she has trouble focusing and getting her work done.   She is also doing really well with piano.  She has been taking lessons for a year now and just recently moved up to the next level of books.  She is also really starting to enjoy playing piano just for fun instead of just for practice.


Liliana:  Liliana of course just celebrated her 5th birthday.  Last week I registered her for Kindergarten so she is all set for the fall.  I can't believe I'll have two in school next year!  I started her on piano lessons as well.  I'm teaching her myself right now.  She is so excited to be playing piano too and is constantly sitting down to practice.  Liliana is also excellent at singing and remembering lyrics.  She can sing most of the theme songs to both Rescue Rangers and Duck Tales (both of which we watch a lot of while we sit in the pick-up line waiting to get Emmaline at school). 



Imogene:  Idgie is into ballerinas.  Everything is ballerina this or ballerina that.  If it has anything to do with ballet - you can convince her to do it.  She is still three, so she still feels passionately about everything.  Hopefully she grows out of that soon!  She loves the idea of being a "big girl".  She just moved of out the church nursery and into her own Sunday School class (Sunbeams).  I wasn't sure how she was going to do - whether she would fight the change or be excited, but she has done wonderfully.  She loves going and is so proud to be big!



Lincoln: Lincoln is getting so funny!  He loves to laugh and make others laugh.  He drives he dump truck around and around the house saying, "toot toot!"  He initiates peek-a-boo.  He is jabbering a ton.  We don't understand most of what he says, but he tries anyway.  He is saying a few sentences even that we can recognize.  He is a master at the game "where is your nose?", "Where are your eyes?", etc.  If you say, "Where is your kiss?"  He leans his head in to get a kiss on it.   He also often tries to sit down in front of my computer and will wave at it and say, "Hi Dad!" - even when we're not chatting on webcams.  At church he purposefully seems to seek out other males.  Old men, young men, boys, etc.  It's very interesting to see him be picky about that and he will also wave to anyone he sees.  Yesterday he waved at a random person in the grocery store parking lot.




Rating:  5 Lollipops

No comments: