Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'll have a double...

AJ had his "double" today - both a colonoscopy and endoscopy. The prep is the worst part of having those done since you have to clean out your entire system. We debated this morning about maybe writing a few funny notes on his butt like "Exit Only" or "No Trespassing" but decided against it. :-P

Anyway, the procedures both went really well. The doctor said he didn't see anything of concern which is both good and bad news. AJ has been in a lot of pain lately so we were hoping they'd find something so that they could fix it! They took a few biopsies and the quick results on one of them showed that there might be a bacteria of some sort in AJ's stomach but that is still inconclusive at this point until the get the full results back. We should know more about that in a few days.

Rating: Seriously - how do you even rate having to get a colonoscopy?

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Pretty sure if you are the one getting it done, it is Life Savers. (in case they figure out something horrible was wrong, see?)

If you are NOT that unlucky soul, it is SNICKERS!!!!

Heavenly said...

Oh...been there, done that.

You have my sympathies, AJ.



I would have to say "Milky Way" because there was a full moon out. ;)

Nancy said...

maybe a moon pie?

Jenni said...

I've had an endoscopy before & *almost* had a colonscopy. Luckily my problem cleared up a few days before it so I cancelled it. I wasn't looking forward to the prep for it!!!

Jana said...

Oh noes! Poor AJ.