Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Craft Weekend

Usually we have our annual Craft Weekend over Labor Day but we changed things up this year at almost the last minute when we realized that Labor Day weekend didn't really work for anyone anymore. Craft Weekend started as a chance to get together and get unfinished projects that have been left undone through the year. Mostly though it is a chance to eat yummy food and hang out! We did some shopping, ate yummy food, and we really did complete some projects too. I managed to get the quilt top done for Liliana's bed (I bought the fabric for it last craft weekend!) and together we all sewed 22 school bags for humanitarian aid (we'll fill them with the back to school sales).

Overall it was a great weekend and the BEST part of all is that I came home to a house that was every sparklier and cleaner than when I left it! AJ seriously must have scrubbed the house the entire weekend!

Rating: 5 Lollipops

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That sounds great! The eating, the crafts - and the clean house. I love coming home to a clean house (especially if I wasn't the one who had to do it) Nice AJ!

Sarah Merritt said...

that sounds great!! and AJ is the bestest! I love coming home to a clean house!