Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten



My little baby - all grown up! Emmaline was excited all day to go to school. She burst into our room this morning saying, "Today is the BIG DAY!" All morning long she kept asking me if it was time to go yet. Finally after lunch we were able to get ready and go! She was completely stoked - just thrilled to death to be going to school.

There is a drop off area outside the school that the kids meet their teacher at and all walk in together. However, the closer the time came to go inside, I could see her getting more nervous. She would come and hug and me and say, "I'm going to miss you mom!" Finally when they started to line up to go in, her poor chin started to quiver and she ran out of the line several times to give me more hugs and tell me that she was going to miss me. She was trying to be so strong and so brave and really hold herself together but those eyes were watering and her chin was quivering. I did my best to give her big smiles and assure her that she would have a great time. Her teacher asked if she would like to hold her hand while they walked into the school and of course Emmaline accepted. As they walked in I saw some tears fall.

When I picked her up, her teacher assured me that Emmaline did a great job. Emmaline said she had a fun time and told me all about playing on the playground, and eating her snack and sitting on the class rug on the letter "M" and getting to learn all about how special the letter "I" is. There are two kids from church that are in her class so she is lucky that she already had friends there as well!

Overall I think it went very well and I suspect now that it is no longer the unknown, she will do great tomorrow!

Rating: 5 Pixie Dust

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It gets easier as the school year goes by. I love the uniform, its so cute. And the shoes. Girl clothes rock.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, she looks so grown! I am glad her first day was great.