So we had every intention of going swimming for Liliana's birthday. Unfortunately, one thing after another kept coming up on Saturdays, making it hard to go! Finally this Saturday we were able to go. Normally I might have brought my camera so that I could overwhelm the grandparents with pictures, but I opted out this time. Why? Because I didn't want to risk myself being caught in a picture! It's one thing to take belly photos, its a whole other ballgame to have your pregnant self being photographed in a swimming suit!
The kids had a blast. I think the highlight was actually for Emmaline. She has a swimsuit with built in floaties. The pool has a lazy river so we went and played over there for awhile. Eventually she figured out that she could actually float on her own with that suit, and then she figured out the doggie paddle. Between that and the fast current of the lazy river, she really thought she was swimming as she went around and around and around! Idgie was happy to sit in her floaty intertube and Lil, though nervous, seemed to enjoy her time in the water as well.
Afterwards, we went to McDonalds and ate lunch and let them play, and then home for naps! Everyone was exhausted, though I think I was the most exhausted of them all. I did try to take a nap, but then I scared myself awake (have you ever done that???) with a dream about my pregnant belly getting me stuck in a waterslide.
Rating: 3 Gummy Sharks
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
swimming has always been an exhausting activity for me. More so when when it was my job to take kids to a pool and even more so when it is my kids! I don't think I would ever attempt it when pregnant! I'm impressed! (and I hope you have had lots of steak...)
Post a Comment