Monday, January 4, 2010

The Terrible Threes

I don't know why people always talk about the Terrible Twos. Really I think the Terrible Threes are the best kept secret that nobody talks about. Today Lil gave a great example of what we can expect in the next year!

For dinner tonight we had dish that is basically rice with a sauce over it. As soon as Lil saw it she told us it was YUCKY and that NO she was not going to have it. I took a little in a spoon and put it in her mouth just for a small taste and that made her MAD. So when I loaded up her plate, I gave her rice, but I still put a little bit of the sauce on the side just in case she changed her mind. When she picked up her spoon to eat, it still had a bit of sauce on it. She proceeded to lick the sauce off to clean her spoon, and then dig into just her plain rice!!! She didn't even bat an eye! She ate up all her rice, declared she was done and left the table. About 5 minutes after that, AJ called her back to the table to put her dishes in the sink. She ran back saying, "No no! I finish!!!" and then sat down and finished her dinner - including the sauce - and declared it to be yummy.

Nice.

Rating: 1 Sour Patch Kid

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Where did you get that backpack? It looks cute, and I am looking for one!

Bethany said...

We found it on Amazon. It is Jansport brand.

Rachel said...

I made some yucky tuna for my 3 year old. So gross she went to timeout rather than eat it. Then when I left the room to get something, she ate it all up and asked for more.

Dinner was nasty again tonight, plain noodles and strawberries on the side. We must be trying to kill these kids with yucky food!