Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tooth

The First Day of First Grade and Emmaline lost her First Tooth!



It was loose when she got home from school, and over the course of two hours, she worked on it enough that at dinnertime it fell out!  She was so thrilled! 

It was fun to see her look in the mirror - convinced that she looked different and of course get the tooth ready for the tooth fairy.  I had no idea what the going rate for the tooth fairy is and I hoped she didn't know about inflation.  Turns out I was right, the tooth fairy brought her a sparkly quarter. 

We had the tooth in a ziploc baggie and AJ said that when he went into her room, he couldn't find it anywhere.  He was feeling all around under her pillow - all while trying to not wake Emmaline up.  Finally she rolled over and he spotted it.  The ziploc bag was stuck to her forehead!  I have no idea how that happened but after that the exchange when smoothly. 


Rating:  Too much candy!  Her teeth are falling out!

2 comments:

nali said...

Good job, Emmaline! Now you have a hole in your mouth where a straw will fit.

Heavenly said...

LOL...we've learned that the tooth fairy is very clean conscious, so we let the tooth soak overnight in a special glass with a bit of water--in the kitchen. If the tooth is clean enough--the tooth fairy takes it and leaves (gasp) two quarters. ;)

I can't believe she's lost a tooth already...Grey's aren't close.