We had Parent/Teacher Conference today and I am pleased to say that Emmaline is doing great in school. Her teacher said she is a happy child who is friendly to everyone. She is doing well in all her subjects. One thing I do for Emmaline is once a week I try to pack her a lunch that matches whatever the school lunch kids are eating. Her teacher actually brought it up and said how happy it makes Emmaline to be like all the other kids and how excited she gets about it! That made me glad that Emmaline is appreciating the effort!
A month ago when it was school picture time, Emmaline insisted that she wanted to look "special" for her photos. I didn't know until the night before that "special" meant she wanted to wear a tiara. With much deliberation, we decided - Why not??? So here is my girl - captured forever exactly as she was in first grade. I think the scraped up chin gives it a little something extra too.
Rating: 5 Lollipops
Friday, October 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
My 1st grader came home crying yesterday because the class had cupcakes for her friend's birthday, and I didn't know. Extra frustrating, since I have cupcakes ready for her in the freezer.
Luckily for me, she is most often not impressed with the school lunches and much prefers her sandwich (made on waffles).
I keep a box full of safe treats at her school for when birthdays come around. In her case, we do either individually wrapped packages of Oreos or PopTarts. Maybe there is a product out there you guys can use to keep in the classroom?
I am glad you let her wear the tiara, she looks adorable!
Oh that tiara is sweet!! This is going to be one of those pics that you will love forever. Kudos to you for letting her wear it.
So cute, I remember you posting about it on facebook. She looks adorable :)
Post a Comment