Alright - no video this time - but that Idgie, she's a sneaky one! Since that last video I have tried everyday, multiple times a day to get her to eat solids. We haven't had a repeat of the vomit episode but that girl will NOT eat. She just holds it in her mouth and then after a few minute will just push it all out. Or even better, she will sometimes blow raspberries and spray the food everywhere. Nice.
So after consulting many of my friends (thanks guys - you know who you are!) I decided to skip the mush and go straight to finger foods. Afterall, she is almost 9 months old so that isn't out of the rhelm of possibility. Tonight at dinner I put some peas and some rice in front of her, and guess what? You got it - she ate it right up! YAY!! She was still more interested in playing with it, but she definitely was purposefully putting it in her mouth from time to time and actually moving it around and swallowing it.
So there you have it. We have apparently succeeded in skipping the baby food part entirely which is nice because that's a money saver!
Rating: 4 Pixie Dust
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow! That's great! Congrats on that success!
Surely you don't actually buy your baby food??? LOL I actually have bought food for this little guy purely because of time, I have none. Your post gives me hope- I really look forward to when my baby is big enough for a few finger foods. Right now meal time is just super stressful.
My DD was like this also, she refused baby foods and just ate solids.
I just dut up everything we ate in small pieces and gaave it to her.
Post a Comment