"Where does this go?"
"I don't know - put it in the office!"
Turns out we were VERY behind on our shredding. We carried more trash bags out of there than I'd like to admit but the end result is that it is clean and tidy in there. However, tidying up one area is like only painting one wall, it makes everything else look bad and suddenly you find yourself doing everything else too.
Part of rearranging the office involved moving some furniture out of there. That meant rearranging the music room (which is supposed to be the formal dining room). That meant moving the piano. We ended up moving the piano to the living room. But then we had to rearrange the couches in there. Then I decided I didn't like that arrangement at all, so we put it all back. Couches back to their original spot and piano back to the music room (but in a new location in there).
Did you catch that? AJ got to move the piano and two couches TWICE. Isn't he a saint to humor me? Back in our tiny tiny apartment living days we used to make a scale drawing on graph paper of our apartment and then scale cut-outs of the furniture and then rearrange everything on paper first (mostly to make sure it'd fit!). I think AJ would have been grateful if we had taken the time to do that today!
So how did it turn out? (I am SURE you were just asking yourself that). Well before I tell you I have to give a bit more background! Remember how we have decided to homeschool Emmaline for kindergarten? Well part of rearranging the office meant moving her desk out of there. So we moved it to the music room. But then we decided that room might make a good school room. And suddenly what was a small clean-the-office project turned into a big create-a-schoolroom project! We figured that even after the kindergarten year it might be nice to have a space for doing homework and that kind of thing. And if not, we can always put it all back later (when AJ is up to moving the piano AGAIN). We did it all with stuff we already had in the house so it didn't cost us anything extra to set this up:
BEFORE:

AFTER:


Rating: 3 Lollipops

2 comments:
I like it! And, I'm sure AJ was happy to move that furniture twice...he's known as 'Action' for a reason.
That looks great! Moving pianos is good for you! Doesn't he feel strong and manly now? Not that he doesn't/shouldn't all the time...
Post a Comment