Monday, August 10, 2009

Go Couponing, Serve Your Country

So my Brother-in-Law recently shared a fun story with me. Last year he was deployed to Afghanistan. From time to time I would send him little care packages of treats and toiletries. He mentioned once that the people there were in need of vitamins and that kind of thing. As luck would have it, around that same time I scored at a great sale at Walgreens and got a ton of women's multi-vitamins for free! I packed them up in a box and mailed them to him to give out if needed.

Apparently at one point after that, a man came to the medics saying his wife was sick. She was anemic and vitamin deficient. Unfortunately, the medics only had prenatal vitamins to give out and since the woman wasn't pregnant, they couldn't give them to her. So instead, my Brother-in-Law gave them the vitamins I sent. The wife took them and recovered nicely! He told me that as a result, it helped to foster some good relations between the soldiers and the people there, which of course is always a blessing!

So there you go - use coupons, get free stuff, share it, serve your country!

Rating: 5 Lollipops

3 comments:

Nana Scott XOXO said...

YAY! great story!

Heavenly said...

LOL...that's awesome!

I shall wear a little flag every time I go to the store. :D

Sarah said...

that is very cool! I never thought to do that. I see deals like that but skip over them because I think "no one in my family could use that" I think I have been converted.