Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

It was a great Mother's Day this year.  We celebrated on Saturday instead which turned out to be a very good thing!  AJ took the girls on an all day outing and I got to stay at home and enjoy the peace and quiet!  I did have Lincoln but really he's the easy and quiet one compared to the others!  He and I slept in until 9:00 (admittedly I was holding him to do it - but sleep is sleep!).  I read a book, watched a movie, took a nap, ordered some lunch.  It was great!  That night after the kids went to bed we got some food from Chili's for dinner.  I admit that due to the fact that I am nursing, I am currently a bottomless pit, and managed to consume an entire rack of baby back ribs - and it was fabulous.  We also finished watching Sherlock Holmes (I fell asleep watching it for date night the night before!)  Overall a great and relaxing day.  Who knew that spending the day NOT being a mother would be the perfect way to spend Mother's Day???

However, it turns out the love didn't end there.  A couple of the kids had colds on Saturday, I had the sniffles too but by that night I was getting pretty sick too.  So on Sunday, we ALL were sick and snot nosed except for AJ (thank goodness!).  If only one person can be well on Mother's Day - please let it be the father!  That way the mom can still relax and rest!  Unfortunately, AJ had to speak in church, so I stayed home with all the kids and he went.  I made him call me on his cell phone when he spoke so that I could hear it.  I felt really bad about not being there to hear him and support him so the cell phone worked out perfectly! 
Then on Sunday afternoon, I got gifts too!   The girls were apparently very insistant to AJ about what they wanted to get me . . . are you ready for it???  .....  BALLOONS!  So yes - they bought me a bag of balloons, and instantly asked when I was going to play with them and was I going to share.   It was no shock later when Emmaline asked me what I wanted for dessert that night, and in the same breath told me to pick something "safe" so that she could eat it too!

AJ got me a gift too.  He has a habit of always going bigger and better.  I asked him for a little planter box to put in the window and a packet of cilantro seeds.  We're always buying fresh cilantro and it doesn't do well outside, so I figured I could grow it indoors.  So what does AJ come up with instead?   An AeroGarden.   Which of course is totally awesome and also on backorder - so when it gets here I'll take a picture of that!

Thanks for a great Mother's Day everyone!  I love you!

Rating:  5 Lollipops

2 comments:

Diamond said...

I have been curious about these. You'll have to share how it works out, with pics.

Heavenly said...

LOL...men and their gadgets. ;)