So yesterday we were driving down the road, and spotted two teenage boys walking down the sidewalk with 20mph School Zone sign under their arms. After a brief discussion on what to do, I called the police and AJ started to follow them. We kept our distance so they didn't know we were watching them and I told the police where to go. We watched the boys walk into their house, and less than 5 minutes later, the police were knocking on their door. I can imagine the scene - these two boys likely walked in the door, started to high five each other and decide where to hang they sign and then .... *knock knock knock*
We actually got to watch from a distance because the cops asked us to stick around. We were parked down the street and saw the cops knock on the door. It took quite awhile for them to answer, and we saw the cops go around the back and check things out. Finally the boys came to the door, and after about 10 minutes, we saw the street sign come to the door too. I would guess no parents were home because we never saw them. The boys weren't physically arrested but I do *think* they got citations.
Eventually a cop came down to us and told us we could go. He said that someone else had also called in, and that if we hadn't of called, they wouldn't have found the boys. They even knew right where the sign came from, so that's good!
Rating: 5 Lollipops
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hopefully those boys don't pull that stunt again.
The day we moved into our house, we found a stop sign in the attic of the garage. We called the police immediately, explained the situation, and turned the sign over to them. Who knows how long it was missing, but I could easily see the boys from the prior owners as the ones that took it.
Post a Comment