Sunday, May 2, 2010

Time

Isn't time a funny thing?

Three and a half years ago we moved to Colorado. I still find myself being surprised that I live here. I'll sometimes be driving home and that thought will cross my mind and it just seems so weird. Never in my whole life did I ever envision I'd be living in Colorado.

In the last three and half years, I have also brought three babies home to this house.  How strange is that?  I'm glad we had the foresight to pick a house we'd grow into!  Emmaline's room only had a dresser and a toddler bed, there was a guest room, and an empty nursery. Now every room has at least one child in it.

I think it must be babies that make time go faster.  One moment they are all squishy and red with elephant skin hanging off their bones, and in a matter of two weeks, you look at them and suddenly their skin is filled out and so smooth and creamy looking.  I alway notice it in their hands first.  One moment the fingers are these little twigs and the next they suddenly seem more solid and less wrinkled.  It happens in the face next.  And then the legs.  And then suddenly that fresh from heaven child is gone and you have this real little child to get to know and to cuddle with.


Rating:  5 Lollipops

2 comments:

queenann said...

My theory is that this process you describe goes faster the more kids you have. I'm on number 3, and I couldn't believe how speedily the skinny newborn disappeared. I do love the newborn time so much. But the our current chubby cooing grinning stage is pretty great, too.

Brittney Jaide said...

Thanks for the sob fest, being as my hormones are still outta whack, and the reminder that my Itty Bitty preemie will eventually become all grown up = ( I will definately enjoy every second with her!