So after a busy weekend here is a quick rundown!
It was my birthday on Friday. I turned 31. I family knows my greatest loves and got me cheese. Many wonderful varieties of specialty cheeses. YUM! Also I got all new utensils to replace my old ones that are getting sad and worn out. AJ also took the kiddos down to The Present Store and let them buy me whatever they thought I would like. Emmaline got me RedVine and Rolos, Lil got me a glass, and Idgie got me crackers.
That evening, in an effort to not have to cook, we decided to take the kids to McDonalds and then we ordered dinner from Red Lobster after the kids went to bed. We had a big surprise waiting at McD's though! It turns out Ronald McDonald himself was there signing autographs and doing a magic show! Emmaline loved it, Idgie was undecided, and Lilana said, "I no like clowns!" with quite a terrified look on her face. We weren't shocked by those responses at all since Lil isn't a fan of Santa either.
Emmaline of course had to get in line and get his autograph and have her picture taken. We only had our cell phones so the photo isn't that great. I was holding Lincoln too, and Ronald says to me, "Do you want the baby in the picture too?!" "Ummmm.......sure." So that is how Lincoln ended up in the photo as well.
Not every 31 year old is lucky enough to have a clown on their birthday. Just so you know.
We actually had every intention of going to The Butterfly Pavilion that day too - but with naps, etc just didn't work out so we had to put that off until Saturday.
On Saturday, after a morning of hitting the neighborhood garage sale, we headed to The Buttefly Pavilion. Last time I went there was in 2007. Emmaline was two and Lil was just a few months old! I had to go back and look at our old photos and compare Emmaline. It's amazing how she's changed, yet hasn't changed.
Liliana is NOT a fan of bugs. She often comes screaming (literally!) into the house - claiming a bug is on her. But she did surprisingly well. This was her commentary on the experience though:
The best part of course is the area the butterflies are actually in. They were everywhere.
I had a huge blue one land in my hair, and I unfortunately swatted it away (sorry! instinct!) before AJ could get a picture. We managed to get everyone in a photo though - so that is always an accomplishment.
And then one last one - of Idgie. She is in love with wearing sunglasses. She doesn't wear them on her eyes - she wears them on her forehead! Luckily in this situation it just gave her a bug eye effect.
Rating: 4 Butterflies and 2 Moths







3 comments:
Happy Birthday!!!! Such sweet girls! My kids love the "present" store too.
Oh Mr. Tickles, we meet again!
So, I married into a Scottish family (I know, like you couldn't guess from the name McKeachnie...), and the Scottish clan they are descendants of is called McDonald-Clan-Ronald. No lie. My hubby is a direct descendant of the original Ronald McDonald. So there. (Random, I kno.)
Post a Comment