Saturday, July 9, 2011

Afternoon Showers

One of the things we really love about Colorado are the afternoon thunderstorms.   It is literally sunny one minute, and a downpour the next.  It lasts about 10-15 minutes and then it is gone and the sun is shining again.   Today the water was gushing down the street so fast that we had to go outside and check it out!  At first the kids were hesitant, and even after I "Triple Dog Dared" Emmaline to run out there, she still had to be persuaded.  She kept asking me, "Are you SURE you want me to go out there???"  I insisted I really truly wanted her to, and finally she ran out there, with the rest of the girls hot on her heels.


Once it died down we took Lincoln out to give it a try too.  The water was nice and warm!


And a few minutes after that photo, you wouldn't even have guessed how heavy the rain was.  The ground was damp, but the water gushing down the street was gone.

Rating:  If all the rain drops were lemon drops and gum drops . . .

2 comments:

Jana said...

...you would have gotten beaned on the head by a great many candies. It would probably have stung.

Rachel said...

Those showers are one of the things I hate about Colorado! Everything is going along fine until BAM! rain that ruins the day. Pools are closed, sporting events canceled and mosquitoes come out.