Sunday, July 3, 2011

Emmaline's Recital

At the beginning of this year, Emmaline started taking piano lessons.  In May, she had her first recital.  It was just a small affair at her teacher's house.  I am also teaching a couple of students now, so we combined together to have this recital.    I just got the video of this from her teacher so I'm finally posting this here!
The people you see behind the piano are students waiting in line for their time to perform.  You are watching from the perspective of the audience.   Emmaline's songs were:  "Old Joe Clark" and "Lost My Partner."  I confess that *I* flubbed up on Emmaline's first song.  Right before she went, my students played their songs, and I was still thinking in a different key so when I started playing our duet, I began in the wrong key but Emmaline was awesome and kept going while I fixed it a few measures in.  Great job Emmaline!





Emmaline's teacher and I played a duet for the final performance of the evening:



Rating:  3 Lollipops

No comments: