Remember that time way back on the beginning of this blog when Idgie was born? And then she turned 1? And then she turned 2? She is a lucky girl to have her entire life pretty well recorded so far!
Well our littlest girl turned 3 today! We started the celebrating on Friday by going to the swimming pool. Idgie has been taking swimming lessons twice a week and so we decided it'd be good to get out there and practice. Our city has a nice outdoor pool with a "beach" and a toddler area. We all had a good time.
Today we started the morning with opening gifts. Idgie was thrilled to get many new toys. She specifically request a Strawberry Shortcake doll this year, so she got one of those. The other highlight was a pair of ballerina themed pj's, complete with tiny tutu.
For dinner AJ busted out the smoker that he got for Christmas. He cooked up a meal of brisket, corn, and potatoes - all done in the smoker of course. Look how proud he is:
Idgie's other VERY specific request for her birthday was a "Sparkly Unicorn Cake." She has been talking about it for weeks so I knew I had to follow through! The problem? I'm not too much of a cake decorator - at least not complicated stuff. I have a friend who has a cake pan shaped like a rocking horse, I was able to bake in that and then cut off some cake pieces to adjust it to make it look like a unicorn. Sadly my decorating job left something to be desired, but Idgie and the other girls were glued to my side watching the whole process and Idgie was thrilled with the end result.
Happy Birthday beautiful girl!!!
Rating: 1 Sparkly Unicorn birthday cake
Monday, July 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment