Thursday, November 13, 2008

The last couple days . . .

It seems that whenever family comes to visit - I make them help me can! When my sisters were here, we did peaches and pears. When my mother-in-law was here we did grapefruit. Now that my parents are here, my mom helped me can pineapple and taught me how to make jam - spiced pear jam to be exact, YUM!

Yesterday we also took them to the Pearl Street Mall and window shopped. Tonight they cooked us a genuine West Virginian dinner - hot dogs with beanless chili, mustard, onions, and coleslaw on top. It was pretty good!


Emmaline had the tennis portion of her sports class today. It was definitely more tricky for her. They practiced balancing the ball on the racket, and then bouncing it on the racket, among other things. Emmaline's favorite part was balancing the balls on top of some cans and hitting them off - she has quite the swing!

Rating: 4 Lollipops


1 comment:

Nonna said...

Good job on more canning...tennis can be a bit tricky at her age !

Yummy hot dog...I used to be a yellow mustard and relish fan but since I came to the south, I have discovered the slaw, onions, mustard and chili combo...now all the other stuff added on my hot dogs make a complete meal !