I bet you thought that those over-the-door shoe holders were for shoes.
You'd be wrong.
I once read a tip in Real Simple magazine about other ways to use them and so for about 4 years now I've been using one inside my linen closet door to organize first aid supplies and medications (we have a lock on the linen closet). Well yesterday I got two more of them! I now have one hung in the coat closet to hold mittens, hats, and AJ's "stuff" that he stacks on the counter every day when he gets home from work (wallet, keys, glasses, etc). Then the second one I hung behind the laundry room door - which also happens to be the mud room that goes out to the garage. I am going to use it for putting all those things that come out of pockets when you check them. I don't have any other uses for it yet in that spot but since it is on the way out to the garage, I am sure we will find some!
A couple other ideas:
Use in small bathrooms for hairbrushes, hair ties, shaving cream, toothpaste, make-up, etc
Use in offices to organize crayons, pens, glue sticks, etc.
Inside pantry door for spices or to divvy out snacks for the kids.
The other big thing is that it MUST be a CLEAR shoe holder so that you can see what is inside of it!
I know - this post is useless without pictures huh? Well I'll get back to you on that!
Rating: 5 Lollipops
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love this idea. I don't know if it was you who mentioned it on BBC. Or maybe I read/ heard it somewhere else. I had to buy one for our scarfs, mittens, hats and stuff. Such an awesome idea. Now if I could just get husband to sand the top of the door down, so it would actually fit. I would be organizing my stuff.
Such a better idea for hat, mittens, winter gear than what we're using now! Adding it to the shopping list for next week!
I have one of those clear shoe holders and I didn't like it for shoes so stashed it somewhere... I'm going to re-purpose it...thanks for the great tip !
You will discover in the future that they're also great for holding Barbies and Barbie's assorted paraphenalia!
Thanks for the tip. I'm unpacking and trying to find new homes for various and sundry items (doesn't help that I lost my unfinished basement/storage area and my 3rd bay in the garage, not to mention all the walk-in closets - yeah, I'm going crazy). This will help!
I have a hanging one that has ALL of my baby carriers in it in the coat closet.
I have one that I use to sort "hair things" by function and color (yellow barrettes in one, blue ponytail holders and scrunchies in another, combs in another, etc.)
Post a Comment