Idgie and Lil both had their check-ups today. It was, you know....fun....to have them both done at the same time. Yes.....fun.
Anyway -
Idgie:
Height - 25 inches 30%
Weight 15 lbs 35%
Head - 16.5 inches 35%
Doctor said she is looking and doing great.
Lil:
Height - 34 inches 55%
Weight - 26 lbs 45%
We spent most of the visit talking about Lil. I told her about our allergist appointment. I have had Liliana off of dairy now for two days and she has NOT had any diarrhea. The doctor suggested a couple of causes for that and recommended that we keep her off of dairy for awhile longer and introduce and see what happens from there. We also talked about Liliana's speech. Even though she is talking - it doesn't seem to be where it ought to be. She probably on has half the amount of words that the "average" kid should have. It is also hard because Emmaline was such an early talker - so I try hard not to compare - but I don't know where it is "normal" and where it isn't. Anyway, apparently speech evaluations are a free service so the doctor went ahead and gave me the number to call for that. I'm sure I am just being an over paranoid and overbearing mom, but at least if we get it checked out and she is fine, then that is one more thing I can check off my list of mommy worries.
Rating: 1 Lollipop
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I Had Trey evaluated due to a couple small concerns and hey it is free. It is so nice to actually have someone say "yes they could use some help" or "no everythings fine." I highly recomend it! Good luck.
I had the same situation with speech--my oldest was an early talker, and my second was quite a bit behind, but it was hard to judge. We had him evaluated and enrolled in a little speech class through the school district, and he'd doing great. I don't think you're being paranoid. You are simply being a good, attentive mother!
My DD has her 6 mo. checkup on Tuesday. It's fun to see how she and Idgie (CUTE nickname!) match up! They can be little cyber pals!
Post a Comment