I alluded to it in another post - but Liliana has been having some issues with her guts. She has been having diarrhea since Thanksgiving. Yes - that read Thanksgiving. She has at least one blow out a day. It's super fun. Anyway, we kept chalking it up to different reasons, but we can't keep explaining it away forever. She seems fine in every other way so I figured we could hold out until her 2 year check up on Friday. On a whim the other day, I called up the allergist to get her some testing done just in case this is food related somehow. I figured it takes at least a month to get in to him, so why not go ahead and make a appointment just in case? Well as luck would have it, they had a cancellation right when I called! So we ended up going to the allergist today.
Well the good news is that she tested negative to everything! The bad news is that means we still don't have any answers. He did say that her diarrhea could be any number of things like a parasite, a long lasting virus of some sort, or even something like lactose intolerance or celiac. We will go over all that with her pediatrician on Friday, but in the meantime at least we have ruled out food allergies!
Rating: 1 Sour Patch Kid
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
PS I'm glad it's not food allergies! Hopefully, you get something figured out with her. Poor baby!
You won a blog award, come to my site to see!
Oh, the sweet little doll...Sorry the poop bug is in her system...hope she can get in to see the DR. Glad also it isn't another allergies issue ! LOL
No allergies is excellent!
Bethany,
Long time lurker here--I have been meaning to post for a while. My daughter also has food allergies--hers only show up though on an IgG ELISA allergy test. On regular IgE allergy testing she has no allergies whatsoever--nothing. But she was vomiting in the middle of the night for up to two hours and losing weight. Her ped ordered both kinds of allergy testing and her IgG was off the charts for peanuts! Her IgE (reg testing) had no response to peanuts at all. This type of allergy testing is used more by Holistic type docs. You might google it and read about it. We took our dd off of peanuts and had not had any vomiting since and she is finally gaining weight :-) Hope this helps you :-)
Thanks Lisa!
It sounds like a little bit like how things were going before my niece (she's 2) got diagnosed with celiac disease. Before they knew what she had, her parents took her off dairy for a while and that really seemed to help for a few weeks. Then she got worse again. Apparently that pattern is common with celiac. I hope that's not what's going on, but I thought it couldn't hurt to share the story.
Post a Comment