Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions

Back when we lived near family, we used to get together for New Year's Eve and have a pinata and eat food and such. Now we just put the kids to bed at the regular time, and hang out. This year, AJ watched Extreme Trains and I surfed the internet. We're such party animals. It is hard for us to justify partying though, when we have a couple of other celebrations that come so close to New Years every year. (More on that in a day or two!)

However, in honor of the new year, our family did decide to make some resolutions. So to hold us to them, I am writing them out here. Feel free to ask about our progress from time to time.

Imogene: She has committed to learning to walk this year! Sounds like a lofty goal but I think she just might be able to do it.

Liliana: She has committed to learning to use the potty. This is a goal I fully support.

Emmaline: She has decided that this year she would like to start school. She begged and pleaded, we wept and wailed, but finally gave in and agreed that we would send our widdle bitty baby girl to school this year.

AJ: He has committed to not growing 20 new gray hairs every time the girls seem to grow up and develop. I'm not sure he can accomplish this goal but we shall see. He also says he wants to work more on his model railroad this year.

Bethany: I am a realist. I have nothing I think I can actually accomplish this year. However, I pledge to help my family with the stuff they want to accomplish. Which means that I must of just committed to being a better wife and mother. D'oh! Scratch that. I am going to commit to sleeping in at least one day this year. Preferably until 10am - minimum.

Rating: 3 Lollipops

2 comments:

Nonna said...

I resolve to remain a loyal reader of your blog and enjoy every minute of it !

Congrats on the gift card win !
LOL to your sweet little family,
Lynn

Kate said...

Your sound like mine! lol.