Monday, February 9, 2009

Advertising

I only ever put PBS on for the girls to watch so they are unfamiliar with advertising. Today I was watching a cooking show and Emmaline wanted to know why they kept stopping the show. So I taught her about commercials and advertising. And how the purpose is to tell us to buy things. She has now been enjoying every commercial break saying, "sorry commercial, we don't need a van! We already have one!" "Sorry commercial, we don't need new bags for our freezer, we already have some!" "Sorry commercial, we don't need shampoo, we already have some!"

Good thing she hasn't seen a toy commercial yet - I don't know what she'd do!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so funny!
You're lucky, our PBS has plenty of toy commercials.

Jana said...

Sorry, commercial! We already have a... grocery store in our basement... ;D

Heather Montgomery said...

That is so funny!

Lisa said...

Classic.

Anonymous said...

Priceless!!!