Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Idgie!

One year ago my cute little firecracker came shooting into the world! I think time gets faster and faster with every kid!

Hasn't she grown into a beautiful little girl? Not nearly so squishy and red! I promised her that this would be the one and only birthday that would be 4th of July themed in Red, White, and Blue - unless that is something she asked for in future years. I had fun making her cake. I got the technique from Our Best Bites and I think the colors turned out really well!





Idgie certainly enjoyed eating it anyway:




And of course don't forget the present opening - she sure didn't mind that part either!




Happy First Birthday Imogene!!!!

Rating: 1 Birthday Cake!


5 comments:

Maggie said...

She is adorable! And your cake looks delicious!

Heather said...

She is CUTE! Can't believe a year has already passed? My gosh...Love her cake :-)

Anneka said...

Happy birthday Idgie!! That cake looks fantastic, Bethany!!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

So cute Bethany! (The cake and the kid ;) Thanks for sharing, I love how the colors turned out!

Janice and Jessica said...

Gosh, it seems like yesterday when you had your maternity pictures done and now she's already a year old!!!

It's so funny but sometimes when you post pics I think she looks like Emmaline and at others I think she looks like Lil. Of course the bottom line is she looks like Idgie. She is adorable! Happy Birthday!