
Along with the celebration of our nation's independence, I guess we're losing our independence just a little bit more. Imogene decided that she just couldn't wait any longer, and was sick and tired of being cramped up in Bethany's belly. She was born today, July 4th, as is family tradition. You see... Bethany predicted that Imogene would be born on July 9th. Why? Well, because she thought she had some special insight, being the mother and all. But in OUR family, babies like to be born on days that are already celebrated: Emmaline was born on Labor Day (HA!) and Liliana was born on our wedding anniversary. So it should have been fairly obvious that with a major holiday within 2 weeks of Bethany's official due date (July 14th) that Imogene would be born on said holiday.
The actual process of getting to the hospital was an adventure in and of itself. AJ was up late playing games (Friday is a holiday, after all!). At about 1:20am or so, Bethany paged me and indicated she had "flu like" symptoms. But... there was also the problem of having contractions. So we started timing, and pretty soon she was 6-7 minutes apart. But it was the middle of the night! We tried calling some friends, but they didn't answer. We tried calling the Relief Society president, and she didn't answer. Oddly enough, Emmaline's primary teacher (who doesn't have young children) lives right around the corner from us, so we gave her a try. And thank goodness she was available! (And she was familiar with Emmaline's allergies) We gave her a whirlwind tour of the house, and rushed out the door. We checked into the hospital at 2:35am. Imogene was born at 3:19am. Bethany walked into the hospital at 7-8cm. So from first contraction to birth was roughly 2.5 hours. Wow.

Imogene is absolutely adorable, not that we're biased or anything. She weighs 6 pounds, 13 ounces. She's 20 inches long. Her head circumference is 13.5cm. She has blue eyes and the most adorable little cry (though I'm sure we'll not always think her cry is adorable). And she has dark hair. Not as much as Liliana had, but definitely not hair like Emmaline's. And she has Liliana's mouth. When she cries you could almost assume it's Liliana.
So here we are at the hospital... it's 4:50am. Imogene is slowly drifting off to sleep - something we'd like to be doing too. All in due time, I guess... like, in 18 years. *sigh*
Oh! Her name! Her full given name is Imogene Michelle. And pictures will be forthcoming... we didn't exactly have time to take any.
-AJ, Bethany, Emmaline, Liliana and Imogene
Rating: 10 kazillion Pixie Dust and 50 bajillion Sweethearts (because Imogene was born and she's just fantastic!)
The actual process of getting to the hospital was an adventure in and of itself. AJ was up late playing games (Friday is a holiday, after all!). At about 1:20am or so, Bethany paged me and indicated she had "flu like" symptoms. But... there was also the problem of having contractions. So we started timing, and pretty soon she was 6-7 minutes apart. But it was the middle of the night! We tried calling some friends, but they didn't answer. We tried calling the Relief Society president, and she didn't answer. Oddly enough, Emmaline's primary teacher (who doesn't have young children) lives right around the corner from us, so we gave her a try. And thank goodness she was available! (And she was familiar with Emmaline's allergies) We gave her a whirlwind tour of the house, and rushed out the door. We checked into the hospital at 2:35am. Imogene was born at 3:19am. Bethany walked into the hospital at 7-8cm. So from first contraction to birth was roughly 2.5 hours. Wow.

Imogene is absolutely adorable, not that we're biased or anything. She weighs 6 pounds, 13 ounces. She's 20 inches long. Her head circumference is 13.5cm. She has blue eyes and the most adorable little cry (though I'm sure we'll not always think her cry is adorable). And she has dark hair. Not as much as Liliana had, but definitely not hair like Emmaline's. And she has Liliana's mouth. When she cries you could almost assume it's Liliana.
So here we are at the hospital... it's 4:50am. Imogene is slowly drifting off to sleep - something we'd like to be doing too. All in due time, I guess... like, in 18 years. *sigh*
Oh! Her name! Her full given name is Imogene Michelle. And pictures will be forthcoming... we didn't exactly have time to take any.
-AJ, Bethany, Emmaline, Liliana and Imogene
Rating: 10 kazillion Pixie Dust and 50 bajillion Sweethearts (because Imogene was born and she's just fantastic!)
16 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! What a fast birth! I can't wait to see pictures. I guess Imogene was ready to celebrate her independence too. :)
ACK!! YAY!!! That's so awesome! Congratulations, what a great day to have her!!!
WAHOO!!!
Have you guys told BBC yet???
I'm so happy for you!!
Kelly
do we win if our guess was the closest? Also....I told you the 4th but you said you couldn't do it that day because you promised your doctor, so we guessed the 7th instead! Right? Right?
Good work! I hope you take a nap now.
Congrats! Holiday babies are so much fun.
Yay! Congrats! Can't wait to hear all the details on bbc. :)
Yay!
I had my third on July second. It was fantastic!Plus it means she will be a real firecracker. As mother of two July baby girls, I promise, they've got sparkling personalities and short fuses!!! LOL.
Congratulations! What a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday!
Congratulations!!
WOO! Congratulations!
Good work all!
Congrats! I can't believe she came on another holiday, but then, it seems fitting. And I guess you sneezed her out after all. :) Congrats guys.. we are happy for you.
Congratulations, Bethany! As a January '07 momma I can't imagine having yet another baby around - YOU GO GIRL! Imogene is beautiful and you look great. Best wishes to you and your family!
Hooray!!! Welcome to the world baby Imogene! May you have many festive fireworks filled birthdays : ).
Congrats! She is absolutely darling & you look GREAT!
Wow Bethany ! Beautiful baby, beautiful Mom ! Many congrats to your family ! I always like short labors best ( I had one among my four that was about 2 hours)I wonder if the pickles had anything to do with it ???
P.S. LOVE your blog ! I check in often and it is one of my favs !
Post a Comment