Monday, July 6, 2009

Pickles

I made pickles!

They had pickling cucumbers at the CSA this past week and I just had to try it out. It wasn't actually all that cost effective in comparison to just buying a jar but I have the satisfaction of knowing how to do it for myself and that is priceless!

From this:



Into this:




Rating: 10 Jars of Bread and Butter Pickles


4 comments:

Nana Scott XOXO said...

Ok. what exactly do you DO with all these pickles??? Didn't you just score on a lifetime supply last year???
...I still have mine from that pickle deal...
I don't know what to do with them. I have pickles out my ears!
...but I am totally jealous of your homemade pickle skills...
pickle pickle pickle.

Heavenly said...

LOL Kelly...now I'm going to go around saying "pickle pickle pickle" all day. :D

I made bread & butter pickles last year from a recipe my friend gave me "grandma's B&B pickles". It was so yummy that the children practically cried when I announced that we were on our last jar. LOL Store pickles just don't compare.

Remember they need to sit for a couple of days/weeks to let the full flavor sink in.

Kathleen said...

How 'bout pickles?

As to what to do with them, I just snack on them. Did you make some spears to eat with sandwiches?

Alissa said...

mmm... makin' me miss my mom.