Monday, May 31, 2010

Craft Weekend

I'm not sure why we call it Craft Weekend anymore since we don't really finish any crafts anymore like we used to.  But it was time for our annual girl weekend!  Since I have a new baby, all my sisters and my mom came to my house this time.  It was fun.  We ate yummy snacks, and gabbed a lot.  We did do one project - they all helped me paint Emmaline's room but I will post more about that later when I have pictures to show of the new set up! 

Besides just enjoying hanging out together, we did go on a walk around a lake.  I was surprised to see Pelicans in the lake - I had no idea they came to Colorado!


There are also a ton of Canadian Geese around the lake.  The are extremely used to people and will come right up to you.  The problem of course is that they are the same size as the kids!  We did bring some bread to feed them.  Emmaline was holding a piece in her hand and one goose was getting pretty aggressive with her because she wasn't throwing pieces out fast enough.  That goose walked right up and tried to snatch that bread right out of her hand!  In an effort to protect Emmaline, my sister, Jana, gave that goose a big kick and knocked it right on its butt.  He wandered away with some ruffled feathers and no more bread.  There were quite a few geese families too with their little goslings. 



There were signs up warning us about other wildlife as well.  I like the part where it said to grab our small children and also to fight back.  What do they think I am - a vampire?



We also paused and took some pictures of all of us.  So here are some shots of me and my sisters and mom.  One is the "nice" pose - and the other is the more accurate representation of how things really are with us!  You can spot Lincoln's feet there in the sling too.  He got to sneak into the picture.






And then one last picture!  We realized we didn't have a picture yet of all of my family together! I wish we could look more like a nice magazine family - but I guess this is accurate at least!



Rating:  5 Golden Eggs (ala Willy Wonka)

6 comments:

Jana said...

I did not KICK the goose, I just placed my foot under it and lifted it away. :D

Kristin said...

with flair...

Sarah said...

seeing all you gals there, I now understand Lil's "darker then the rest" hair.

jaimilyn said...

Aww, yay for craft weekend! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Bethany said...

It stinks that you're on the other side of the country now!

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

I know it's been a long time but congratulations on your new baby! Wow! You look great with 4 kiddos! :)