Friday, November 7, 2008

A Lil' about Lil

After cleaning up a huge mess that Liliana just made with the salt shaker, I decided that I need to write a blurb about just how fantastic of a girl she is. Let's call it a little "reminder" post - for my sake.

1) Liliana is really picking up with the talking. She is trying so hard to get those words out. She already is speaking in full sentences and having conversations - it still sounds like this though:
"doo be doo yo gabba yo gabba blah blah blah". So in other words - we don't understand a thing she says. The funny thing is she does it all the time - constantly "talking". Yet I found out from her nursery teacher at church that Lil never talks there - surprisingly - that girl is shy!

2) Lil is great about learning new physical skills. She can watch something once and has no problem trying it out and is often successful in her attempt. I have to be careful what I do in front of her - it gives her ideas. She has already learned to turn the locks on doors in the house halfway, which means she is getting very close to even locked doors not keeping her in/out. I also caught her the other day with a door key. She had actually inserted it into the hole on the handle and was attempting to pick the lock - just like we do!

3) Lil has learned how to hide - and she is very very good at it. She prefers hiding next to chairs/couches, behind doors, and behind curtains. What makes her good at it is that she is very very very quiet. She can sit there a LONG time without ever making peep.

Rating: 5 Pixie Dust

Edited to add an update: While I was typing this - apparently the gate to the upstairs was not shut. Liliana went upstairs, got into my nightstand and got the TUMS that I haven't used since I was pregnant. She then preceded to hide behind the curtains very quietly and eat the TUMS while I ran all over the house calling for her and trying to find her - until I discovered that the gate was unlocked. Just so everyone knows, according to poison control, TUMS are perfectly fine to eat up just like candy - she just may have some diarrhea as a result. Lovely.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

That is good information, since Tums are so yummy.

Thank you Lil, for your role in learning this.

Heavenly said...

Oh my goodness...been there, done that. Tums and needing to remember why I love my children. LOL

Make sure you give her lots of love tonight--you need it. ;)

Nonna said...

Oh, no, the gate again ?

What a sneaky little sweetie she is...glad you added that Tums is no threat !

Jenny said...

Sounds like she keeps you hopping...good thing she's so cute, huh?!