Every spring I go to my mother's home in California to help her with Spring Cleaning types of things - clean out the garage; organize this and that; install/fix some gadget or whatnot. Obviously, this spring was no different. There was work to be done and we got through most of what was on our list. In past years I've really looked forward to these trips as it gives me some one-on-one time with my mom, which I haven't had since I was a wee lad. I also look forward to it because I know that I won't have kids jumping on me early in the morning, or running around my legs screaming at each other.
I was very much looking forward to that "quiet" time this year, but for whatever crazy reason (and I know Bethany will think I'm nuts), I actually missed the constant energy that our girls provide. I missed Emmaline telling me "Hey dad, watch this trick!" and having her simply walk in some strange way. I missed Lil furrowing her brow at me and saying "NO!" I missed Idgie whinning at you if you were in the same room as she and not holding her. I missed Bethany and being able to just talk to her at will. Maybe next time I come out here, I'll see if they all can come, so I don't miss them so much.
Nah. That's just crazy talk!
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment