When we got home, we decided to walk to the neighbor's house around the corner and give her a little thank you gift for watching the girls the night I went into labor. Alas - she wasn't home.
Neither Emmaline or Liliana napped today, so that made for two cranky girls this afternoon. Then due to their noise, they woke up Imogene early from her afternoon nap - which resulted in a third cranky girl this afternoon. Amongst all this, I stubbed my "ring" toe on a wall and I think I broke it! That resulted in a very cranky mommy! Sadly there is apparently nothing you can do for a broken toe except for stick it out.
AJ had to work late tonight (which left him feeling cranky) so it was just me and the girls for dinner. Luckily there was leftover spaghetti from last night so I could just heat that up for them. The best part was when Lil dumped her bowl all over the floor. In exasperation, I just washed their faces and hands, took them upstairs, plopped everyone on my bed, and turned on cartoons and we sat until AJ got home and helped me wrangle them all into pj's and into bed.
That doesn't mean they are asleep of course - I can hear Emmaline and Liliana laughing and giggling as I type this - but at least they are in their room!
I'm including a picture I took yesterday when they were being cute and fun. . . .
Rating: A bunch of Sour Patch Kids eating Fireballs
5 comments:
Whoa ! what a day...your rating fits too...hope your toe is O.K.
"frustrated to drag all four kids in and out of stores and carseats for nothing."
LOL...it WAS a tough day if it felt like there were 4 children instead of 3. ;)
Sorry you had a hard day...I hate days like that.
LOL!!! I'm going to have to fix that typo! WHOOPS!
Maybe it's something sub-conscious telling you that you need to have a fourth! ;)
And broken toes suck so bad...sorry!
Oh, I'm so sorry. What a rotten day! The picture is darling, though:0)
Trenya
Post a Comment