Emmaline: Emma-line (rhymes with fine, mine, pine) not Emma-lynn or Emma-leen
Liliana: Lily-AH-nuh NOT Lily-ANN-uh
Imogene: Short "I" sound. IM-o-jean. Not EYE-mo-jean or Emma-jean. "Gene" rhymes with Jean like the jeans you wear. It doesn't sound like gin or Jen.
I've gotten several comments as of late that mispronounce the names or even think that Emmaline and Imogene have similar names. Turns out people who have only seen the names in writing think it is Emma-leen and Emma-jean. No wonder people thought we were crazy for naming them such similar names!!! Anyway, hopefully that clears everything up and nobody thinks I'm completely nuts anymore - at least not when it comes to naming my kids almost the same names. . .
Rating: 1 Fireball (silly people!)
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have a granddaughter name Lauriana- Lauri-AH-Nuh and people are still saying Lauri-ANN-Nuh so I know how frustrating it can be.
Post a Comment