And of course don't forget the fruit! 50 lbs of peaches, 50 lbs of apricots, and 5 pineapples (and 2 "helpers")

We ended up with 33 quarts of apricots/pineapple, and 21 quarts of peaches. There should have been 2 more quarts of each but 2 jars of the apricots broke, and we were tired by the end and didn't want to put just 2 jars in the canner for the last of the peaches - so we just ate those!
Once we started to prep the fruit, I discovered this problem - there were a total of 6 peaches that I found like this. There is only one culprit - and she's two.

We ended up with 33 quarts of apricots/pineapple, and 21 quarts of peaches. There should have been 2 more quarts of each but 2 jars of the apricots broke, and we were tired by the end and didn't want to put just 2 jars in the canner for the last of the peaches - so we just ate those!



7 comments:
very pretty...and impressive!
How much sugar did this ambitious undertaking require?
It took 31.5 cups of sugar. - So about 1/2 cup per jar. I did a light syrup.
Bethany, that is beautiful! :)
It looks great! We are canning tart cherries tonight, I'm not sure I'm up for it...
I found fruit with bites out of it last week, too. The only problem was that it was plastic and foam fruit! Oops!
how did the apricots come out?
How long did it take to can this much? It looks beautiful!
Post a Comment