Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sales and Spices

You may or may not have noticed that on the side bar to the right there that we have a list of things we want to do this summer. We are always talking about things we want to do but then can never remember or forget to plan ahead so we finally decided to write it down. We did something on the list today but I'll get to that in a minute.

I have been trying to decide what to get Idgie for her first birthday. The problem is that it seems like we already have everything because of the older two girls. I finally decided that she might like a little slide since she is still too small for the big playset. I've been keeping an eye out on craigslist for something suitable but nothing has come up. Well this morning I was out running an errand and say that a local subdivision was having a neighborhood garage sale. I decided on a whim to turn in and see and there, the first house on the corner, was a Little Tikes slide for sale! They had it labeled for $20 but I was able to walk away with it for $10!! It is a little worn and dirty but nothing a hose and a Magic Eraser can't fix before her birthday!



So then this afternoon, we decided to make a trek to Denver to go to a store that we saw on Food Network called Savory Spice. Coolest store ever! They grind all their own spices and make all their own spice mixes right on site. They also had just about every random spice you could think of. It smelled so good and you could sample the different spices before you bought. I have my eye on several things but we each decided to get just one little bottle of something. AJ got the Platte River Rib Rub and I finally settle on some Hawaiian Black Lava Sea Salt. We can't wait to try them!!!

Rating: 1 taste of Peppermint Vanilla Bean Sugar

1 comment:

Nurse Heidi said...

Now THAT is my kind of a store! I'm planning on heading to Denver in the fall when Ethan is off track, and this looks like a definite must-add-to-the-list.