It has been exactly 1 year and 5 days since the last time we saw a movie in the theater. My grandma is visiting so we put the kids to bed and then went to the movies. The bonus is that we had coupons for free tickets and also free popcorn when you buy a drink - so it was a pretty cheap date! We both loved the movie - it had a good story line but didn't take itself too seriously. It also opened itself up for a sequel so I am thinking we will see more in the future!Rating: 5 Lollipops
7 comments:
We just got back from seeing that same movie and liked it as well!
I understand that true Trekkies hated it. Evidently you are more a Star Wars kind of fan. ;)
Please define "True Trekkie."
I've watched the orginial series a time or two, know nearly all TNG plot lines by heart, own several Star Trek desk references, built models of various Enterprise versions, had posters of the Enterprise on my walls while in High School...
I'd consider myself a "True Trekkie" - and yet I still liked it. It was a different take on a known universe. And just because it is different doesn't necessarily make it bad.
If *anything*, let's bag on George Lucas and Episodes I, II and III - now *those* were an abomination to a known universe, and they were made by the original writer/director! Talk about messing up a franchise.
LOL AJ--if you've gone in a detailed costume to a fan convention and can speak Klingon without hesitating...you are a true Trekkie. Otherwise you're just a dedicated fan. ;)
Think "Galaxy Quest". :D
I could never master the nuances of Klingon and got rid of my pocket translation book prior to my mission (went to a good friend who was much more fluent than I). I *almost* went to a convention, but ended up having a date that night. I did attend several club meetings for the local starship that a coworker also attended. Somehow saving for a costume, instead of a mission didn't seem right. :P
LOL...soooooo close. :D
Post a Comment